Thursday, November 7, 2013

Eat, Run, Love

Well, I missed the 'this is my first blog post' train that left a few years back.  But hey, better late than never right?  My train just arrived, all aboard :).

Over the course of the past few years I have discovered not only one, but two, things which have added joy, strength, and so much spice to life! So much so that I feel the urge to spread my happiness - to reach out and draw in as many people as I can.

The first of these is running.  I love to run - solo as time for reflection and dreaming, in groups for fun times and good conversation, and at races for the physical and mental challenge, as well as the opportunity to meet so many awesome (crazy?) people.  I have just completed my fourth marathon, the ING NYC marathon this past weekend.  Prior to this I have run in DC, Cape Cod, and Providence, all wonderful and unique experiences.  Add in there some half marathons, 5/10ks, a Reach the Beach, and there are so many stories to tell!  In myrunnershi, I want to share some of my experiences with YOU, take you through my next racing journey to begin in 2014, and of course become a part of the large online running community out there!

The second thing you'll hear me talk about (in excess, I predict already) is food!  What runner isn't also obsessed with food right?  Nutrition is a very important part of training, but eating is also so much fun!  I follow a vegan diet which I find to be both challenging and rewarding, as well as delicious.  Due to the nature of my food/recipe posts, I've created a second blog (eatforspeed.blogspot.com) where you can go to be inspired by recipes, pictures, and new ideas!  I wouldn't want to bore any non-foodies (is that possible?) with details of my kitchen :).

After running NY this past weekend, and subsequently gorging on every indulgence in the food department, I've decided that enough is enough.  I have been vegan for over a year now, but vegan doesn't necessarily mean healthy.  It's time to step it up to giving my body good fuel.  For that reason, I am going to be very diligent about posting to eatforspeed with recipes and suggestions - for your perusal and enjoyment as well as for my own accountability.  Take a look for my first post to a find a recipe for vegan peanut butter veggie soup and a review of Sophie's Vegan Calamari!

That's all for today, I'll consider this a warm up.  Come back tomorrow to hear about the NY marathon from the point of view of your average wave 2 green corral runner :).

No comments:

Post a Comment